La Nouvelle Athènes creates "for the future" a collection of videos on period pianos
VARIATION, A CREATIVE DIMENSION AT BEETHOVEN
The genre of variation is the common thread of this festival in order to highlight a part of Beethoven's production more rarely performed, which however had a great importance in the evolution of his writing. We want to compare and make dialogue the autonomous cycles of variations with the forms of variations integrated in other types of composition. In the course of his activity, grappling with variation, Beethoven experiments with a wide range of effects, characters, typologies of writing, figurations, structural relations and motivic development.
If by their breadth and variety the "Diabelli" variations are considered the culmination and the most widely representative of this "laboratory", in reality the seeds of a daring and innovative experiment are already found in the less well-known cycles of youth. , in the sense of a search for "transformation" of the theme that stands out from previous traditions and builds new bridges.
A good reason to revive these apparently marginal works, often capable of shedding light on the aesthetic choices of the most frequented repertoire.
Edoardo Torbianelli, member of the artistic committee of La Nouvelle Athènes
- Tue, 10 AugBeethoven - A Salon Eroica
- Face-to-face concert 7 p.m .: Beethoven: Trio Archiduc & Waldstein - M.Levinas, C.Giovaninetti, R.ChrétienSun, 15 AugParis
- Sun, 29 AugFilmed concerts29 Aug 2021, 18:00 – 04 Sept 2022, 22:00Filmed concertsWhile Beethoven has become an almost standardized popular icon, we are interested in the creative artist, the musician who at each concert knew how to surprise his audience with almost improvised pieces and one of whose playing fields was the creation of many variations .
- Fri, 03 SeptBeethoven - A Salon Eroica
- Sat, 11 SeptBeethoven's french piano Erard - A440.Live
- Face-to-face concert 7 p.m .: Beethoven: Trio Archiduc & Waldstein - M.Levinas, C.Giovaninetti, R.ChrétienSun, 19 SeptParis